Hilton Event Manager - Doubletree San Jose in San Jose, California
The Beautiful Doubletree San Jose is looking for a Dynamic Event Services Manager to join their Team!
Great Opportunity at this 505 Room Hotel with 40,000 Square foot of meeting space! So many opportunities to learn and advance your career with Hilton!
What will I be doing?
As an Event Manager with the Doubletree San Jose, you will be responsible for the successful execution of written sales agreement for small and large-scale full service meetings, conventions. Maintains liaison between the customer and their representatives and the hotel by directing each hotel department as to their specific role in the pre-planning and execution of on-site convention. Maximizes revenues and controls expenses through effective negotiation of prices, services and accurate forecasting. Responsible for successful execution of event and customer satisfaction to ensure customer remains loyal and books future business with hotel/company
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Directs customer relationships in a proactive manner relative to payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process.
- Analyzes customers’ service and product needs and financial issues of in-house groups; authorizes appropriate resolution of customers’ concerns while maintaining profitability.
- Ensures guest room, meeting and event logistics are planned, communicated to and executed by respective departments and team members.
- Negotiates pricing and terms and conditions of products, labor and services not specifically articulated in master agreement covering the event. Possesses authority to negotiate terms and pricing of service agreements with companies and organizations affiliated with group business as well as vendor partner agreements.
- Directs customer services via site visits, board meetings, menu testing, and planning meetings for definite and potential groups.
- Responsible for representing the hotel to customers in the role of executing negotiated group sales agreements including but not limited to room blocks, food and beverage, exhibits and associated products and services.
- Respond to guest inquiries and special requests and resolve issues and concerns in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Prepare reports, correspondence and analysis related to group activity
- Lead, facilitate and participate in meetings, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Event Manager - Doubletree San Jose
Requisition ID: HOT04Z3Q