Thermo Fisher Scientific Program Manager Proteomics Sample Preparation in San Jose, California
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The proteomics scientist will join the vertical marketing team as a key contributor to bringing transformative proteomics products to market. This position will have a leading role in developing, integrating and marketing of hardware and consumables for proteomic sample preparation. The role includes product management duties, but also program management responsibilities that coordinate development and marketing activities between organizations. The Program Manager will lead a hardware and reagent consumable product line, achieving product and market objectives interacting with the development team as well as KOLs, OEM partners and the commercial organization.
What will you do?
• Overall program responsibility to bring the sample preparation platform to market
• Collaboratively work with a cross –functional team of protein chemist, mass spectrometrists, and hardware/software engineers to translate early stage research into commercial products and reagents
• Apply advanced scientific and product development expertise to proteomics sample platform development
• Conceive, design and ensure execution of key experiments to advance development of reagents in conjunction with research teams utilizing design for manufacturing (DFM) principles
• Conceive, design and ensure execution of product verification/validation tasks
• Establish, document and transfer material specifications for reagents and consumables
How will you get here?
• PhD degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or similar Life Science plus a minimum of 8-years of experience in mass spectrometry instrumentation and projects involving post-translational modifications and/or TMT labeling
• Minimum of 2 years experience carrying out biomarker discovery experiments and targeted assay development using mass spectrometry based proteomics
• Minimum of 2 years experience in industry managing projects and key relationships
• Strong analytical and practical skills in protein sample preparation, nano-flow LC-MS, and data analysis and interpretation
• Proven experience developing automated workflows in sample preparation
• Excellent communication skills in oral and written English
• Hands-on experience with mass spectrometry, preferably Orbitrap type instruments, in-depth knowledge of instrument operation and maintenance, data interpretation, and knowledge of background literature will be a plus
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot them independently
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 60,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.