Cisco Senior Data Scientist in San Jose, California
Senior Data Scientist
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Human Resources
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Big Data, Analytics
Job Id 1225408
What You'll Do
At Cisco, we believe a diverse workplace leads to innovation, better collaboration, and a high-performance culture where everyone is welcomed, respected, valued, and heard. In fact, our inclusion and collaboration objectives are integral to every segment of our business.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join Cisco’s Inclusion, Collaboration and People Planning teams. You will help identify drivers of highly inclusive, diverse, competitive and collaborative organizations help to craft Cisco’s people strategies by leading analyses and presenting key business insights. You will connect business, workforce, diversity, inclusion and collaboration information to create powerful insights that support HR and business strategy. You will find patterns in data as you draw from and build your skillset of data-mining techniques. You will present your analysis to senior HR leaders and executives as a story that moves beyond the data and explains the why as they plan their inclusion and collaboration focused people plans.
• Contribute to the detailed statistical analysis of our people data, in order to identify actionable insights, and building (predictive) models.
• Build and statistically analyze large data sets of internal and external data
• Produce results from these analyses that will be used to drive Company investments and assess HR program effectiveness.
• Prepare results to be communicated across the organization in a way that informs and drives the organization to action
• Connect the dots across a range of business, HR and workforce information to tell a story and provide insight, rather than just reporting the data
• Use real-time analytics to provide recommendations to executive leadership and management in order to maximize adoption/usage of Inclusion, Collaboration and People Planning solutions and initiatives.
• Develop comparative indexes (benchmarks) that measure how Cisco compares to industry peers in key performance and usage metrics.
• Collaborate to further develop diversity and people planning frameworks, models and insights for understanding by the business, making quantitative decisions on complex business problems.
• Share key insights with leadership from research with actionable strategic interpretation and recommendations.
Who You'll Work With
This role is a highly collaborative, you'll help lead a business intelligence team that has responsibilities across Inclusion, Collaboration and People Planning. You will work closely with cross functional teams including other COEs across Cisco to analyze a full spectrum of Business, HR and Collaboration data in support of a highly inclusive and collaborative organization.
Who You Are
Our Minimum Qualifications for the role are:
• Understand Business and HR strategy as it relates to inclusion and collaboration to develop a clear vision of analytics potential.
• Develop causal and predictive models that explain or predict full spectrum participation and other key people metrics.
• Prepare and deliver powerful presentations with rich data visualizations and relevant business conclusions.
• Ability to present key insights and recommendations to leadership and people that have varying levels of technical and business knowledge.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to more junior team members in the areas of data storytelling, analytics, reporting and predictive modelling.
• You have a deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle high levels of ambiguity but seek clarification when needed
• Able to sustain quick turnaround times for research, data analysis, and distillation of actionable conclusions.
• Deep understanding of technologies such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, SQL, R, Hadoop, Hive etc.
• Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field of study, and more than 3 years of equivalent work experience in machine learning.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.