OPNET Senior Sales Engineer-Silicon Valley in San Jose, California
With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed – The Digital Performance Company – provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers – including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position
Title: Sr. Solutions Engineer
Location: Silicon Valley
We are seeking technology professionals to function in a highly technical pre-sales environment. As a Riverbed Solutions Engineer, you will:
- Partner with the sales team to drive adoption and revenue of Riverbed products and services by creating value-based technology solutions in context to customer strategy and business goals
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert throughout the sales process
- Establish credibility and build deep relationships with customers and partners while, delivering a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Be a Riverbed evangelist. Educate customers and partners on the value proposition of the Riverbed solutions portfolio
- Own and manage various pre-sales activities. This includes, but is not limited to; technical presentations, demonstrations, and proofs of concept.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge amongst Riverbed community
- Interface with internal Riverbed team to relay market demands and drive customer success.
- Experience in a pre-sales role, with a deep understanding of enterprise sales cycles and various selling strategies
- Relevant knowledge in technology, customer verticals, product offerings, evolving technologies, and threats.
- Relationships in target customer and partner base in targeted geography
- Riverbed product knowledge/experience
- Knowledge/experience of cloud-based architectures and services (e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS, XaaS)
- Knowledge/experience with hypervisor platforms
- Knowledge/experience with DevOps tools and technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes, Open stack, Docker, etc)
- Experience with open source operating systems and software
- A Bachelor’s degree in CS or EE
- Advanced industry certifications in virtualization, networking, storage, and/or cloud a strong plus
- A great attitude, strive for excellence, crave growth, be methodical and analytical, yet able to make quick informed decisions. You challenge the norm and love a challenge! You think outside the box, love to win, hate to lose, play well with others and don’t mind eating a slice of humble pie every now and then
- Extensive experience in the technology/software industry
- Proven capability of driving technical solutions adoption and closure
- Strong knowledge in one (or more) of the following: modern application architecture, performance management, storage, data center, and/or network infrastructure design/implementation/management. Depth of knowledge across these areas may vary.
- A deep understanding of how technology drives business
- Ability to understand, collaborate and solve complex technical challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- The willingness and ability to travel; commensurate to target account base
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We seek entrepreneurial individuals who thrive in an autonomous, fast-paced environment. Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Req No.: 2018-4440