Cisco Technical Marketing Engineer (Wireless) in San Jose, California
Technical Marketing Engineer (Wireless)
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Information Technology
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video, Wireless, Mobility
Job Id 1231502
The Competitive Strategic Intelligence team is looking for ambitious, hungry talent with a passion for technology and an even greater passion for winning. The primary responsibility of this role is competitive testing and analysis, translating technical advantages into differentiators and training the sales force. This opportunity promises high visibility at the executive level and opportunity for rapid advancement for high performing talent.
Job responsibilities include:
· Competitive Testing – candidates in this role will focus on hands on analysis of Tier 1 and Tier 2 wireless vendors and comparing against Cisco’s wireless portfolio.
· Solution Testing - Execute competitive benchmark testing and comparative analysis ranging from the box and feature-level to the architecture and solution level.
· Cross-functional Interaction - Provide strategic and tactical input to Product Management and Engineering to accurately focus product direction and strategy.
· Training programs - Creation and execution of sales force training programs to improve competitive awareness.
· Content Creation - Contribute to the competitive knowledge base through deliverables including collateral, battlecards, and whitepapers.
Skills and Requirements:
· Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and still have a big impact.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Candidates must be highly organized, fluent in English, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Public speaking is a part of the job, so a candidate must be experienced and skilled as a presenter.
· Experience with competitive switching products, preferred.
· Travel required approx. 20%.
The role stands at the intersection of numerous networking and applications technologies, so strong core networking and hands-on expertise in switching are mandatory; as well as knowledge and experience in adjacent technologies such as routing, switching, voice, video, and applications. CCNP level capabilities and knowledge are expected, with CCIE track highly desirable. Candidates must be able to quickly develop functional knowledge of new technologies. Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to understand technologies in both a solution and customer context.
An ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2-4 years of industry experience and BS/MS in appropriate technical disciplines.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.